Looking for the best personal alarms for the elderly? Here is a list of personal alarms that will help you with your buying decision.
Seniors must use the best personal alarms to summon help if they fall, get lost, become ill, or need assistance for any other reason. The best personal alarms for the elderly often consist of a large, visible button that may be hit at any time of day or night.
When the button is pressed, it will either sound an alarm to notify individuals in the same home, or it will link the user directly to a monitoring team that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to determine what is wrong and provide assistance. This might include calling an immediate family or neighbor to ensure that everything is well, or, if required, calling an ambulance.
Elderly alarms are one way to help your loved one stay safe and independent at home. If you are unable to visit your parents often, a personal alarm may be an excellent alternative to consider. This will help keep them safe and provide you with peace of mind. The devices are straightforward to install, with clear and concise instructions and a customer support staff available to assist.
Below you can find 10 of the best personal alarms for the elderly on the market.
1. CPR Guardian Personal Alarm Watch is One of the Best Personal Alarms for the Elderly
The CPR Guardian is an easy-to-use standalone mobile phone watch with an integrated SIM card. It’s a personal alarm that contacts family. They can view the location and well-being of the wearer remotely by using the Guardian mobile APP for Android and iOS. Carers can call the fall detection watch just like a mobile phone.
Here are some of its features:
● Safety Zones are a virtual radius around a physical area, such as a house or a park. Carers will receive app notifications whenever the wearer enters or exits a Geo-Zone.
● Using the "CPR monitoring" smartphone application, family members or caregivers may follow the whereabouts of the user at any time.
● The SOS button enables the user to quickly call five preset contacts through loudspeakers using the integrated mobile phone.
● CPR Guardian monitors and transmits the wearer's heart rate every 10 minutes to the CPR Monitoring APP.
● The personal alarm watch may be worn in the shower when falling is more likely to occur.
● Guardian has a maximum working duration of 48 hours and notifies both the wearer and APP users when the battery is low.
● The inbuilt CPR Chameleon SIM card offers unrivaled connection across the United Kingdom and the European Union by connecting to all major mobile networks.
● Using the CPR Guardian mobile app for Android and Apple / iOS, family and caregivers may remotely monitor the location and health of the user.
How Does it Work?
1. Using the mobile phone capability, the Red SOS button enables the user to instantaneously alert and voice call five preset contacts from any location.
2. This feature notifies emergency contacts by SMS and application notifications, followed by voice calls until answered.
3. The watch will broadcast its GPS position immediately to the smartphone application of the caregiver.
4. Family and friends can always be there in an emergency.
SureSafe Alarms’ flagship product, the SureSafeGO, strives to be the most comprehensive alarm available. This is one of the best personal alarms for the elderly because of its complete alarm. It also includes fall detection, the ability to communicate with the alarm responder via the pendant (rather than the base unit), and mobile technology that allows the fall alarm to be used in and out of the house.
Telecare24’s personal alarms are comfortable, lightweight, and simple to use, with support accessible at the touch of a button. Under the fall alarm plan, the gadget detects a fall and instantly calls for assistance. After a few moments, a care team will contact the wearer to determine condition. If they determine that the wearer needs assistance, they will notify family, friends, caregivers, or the authorities.
Lifeline24 GO GPS is a personal alarm system that utilises a mobile connection rather than a landline. If the user falls, becomes lost, or needs assistance for any other reason, they just need to press and hold the front and rear buttons on the GO GPS device simultaneously. It may be worn around the neck, hooked into a pair of keys, or linked to a belt.
5. SECOM CareTech
SECOM CareTech focuses on home safety solutions for independent living. Their offerings include tried and true personal alarms and intelligent home monitoring solutions.
Personal alarms from SECOM CareTech are leased, so you just pay monitoring fees; if they need repairs or replacements, SECOM CareTech will offer them for free. Their selection of alarms includes basic pendant alarms, fall detectors that are completely waterproof, and a GPS alarm that can be worn outside the house.
The Buddi alarm comprises of two components: the bracelet and the clip. The silicone wristband, which also functions as a fall detector, is comfortable and unobtrusive. It also includes two buttons on each side that you can touch when you need assistance.
The clip has GPS technology, a microphone, and a speaker for communicating with the care team. The clip is small and lightweight, making it simple to attach to clothes, a purse, or a key ring.
7. Taking Care
Taking Care offers a variety of alarm solutions that may be used at home, in the garden, or on the go, including fall sensors and GPS personal alarms. The pendant may be worn around the neck or on the wrist. It does not need charging and includes a single large button to call assistance in an emergency.
8. Age UK Personal Alarm
Age UK digital personal alarm may be worn in a variety of ways and operates up to 75 metres from the base station. It is water-resistant up to 1 metre, so you may shower and bathe while wearing it.
To activate the alarm, push the button on the pendant to be linked to the UK-based resolution centres, which are open 24 hours a day and have a five-second response time. The responder will next determine whether to notify your family or the emergency services.
Using GPS and WiFi, the Yepzon alarm guarantees that you can be found regardless of your distance from the linked device. This is an excellent alternative for individuals who desire peace of mind outside the house, since the remote connection allows you to use the alarm away from home as well.
10. One Call Alert
One Call Alert provides a complete personal alarm system in addition to a fall detection necklace. The 24/7 support crew reacts to emergency alarms within seconds, and both emergency responders and family and friends are on their way very instantly.
The best personal alarms for the elderly allow older relatives to continue living securely and independently in their own homes. These will reassure family members that help can be sought immediately in an emergency.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need help in selecting the best personal alarms for the elderly.